Sunday 28 February 2016

Mr. Ricci Movie Review #1 Mary Poppins


Mary Poppins is a classic Disney film that was one of the first to use live action and animation in the same film.  I remember as a kid watching this movie and REALLY REALLY enjoying it.  This was before the time of DVD, BLU RAY, and NETFLIX.  I would watch this movie on VHS, a precursor to what we use today.




Believe it or not, one of the best parts of this film is the music.  It is really catchy and funny.  Songs like Spoon Full of Sugar and Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious are really catchy.  One of the best scenes of the film is when the main characters dance on the roof tops with the chimney cleaners.  Even when I watch this movie as an adult, I sing along with all of the songs.

Sometimes, the best movies are the ones that remind you of your childhood.  This is one of those films.  No matter when I watch it, it takes me back to the times of being a kid.  Are there any movies that give you that feeling?

Even though I love this film, there are a few scenes that I do not enjoy.  Some of the sadder songs do not pull me in like the other ones.  Even so, I still enjoy it.

Did you know, that they are making a new Mary Poppins film with Emily Blunt?  I may go see it.  But, I am not sure it will be as good as the original.  Sometimes remakes make the film worse.  Know what I mean?

If you have not seen Mary Poppins, you must.  It is a wonderful film that people of all ages can enjoy.  I give Mary Poppins a A+, overall.  Check it out!